Who I am
- a wife and mother
- a Rural-Gurl — I like living in rural communites
- a 40-something self-educated web geek
What I love
- my family — consisting of my husband, my son and two dogs. My husband's also a techy geek and works as a supervisor in the network operations center of an international company. My son is now 21 and going to school at Washington State University, where he walked onto the basketball team. At 6-foot-9 he's a beast!
- mountains and woods — where I love taking long walks with my Australian Cattle dogs Jake and Lila (LEE-lah)
- technology — when I was in school, you still had to go to the library to get information. The fact that I can research and learn whatever I want right from my home never gets old for me. I get excited about the possibilities of what we can accomplish using technology.
What I've done
In 2002, my husband and I started a 501(c)3 non-profit youth basketball program, and we needed a website to better communicate with the parents. So I dove in, and that's where it all began — the geeky girl was out! I continued to build websites and educate myself through online training websites (e.g., Lynda.com), books, a few college courses and endless blogs.
What I want
I want to continue freelancing and living in a rural community — with great internet access! I want to build really cool websites using the latest technology and innovative ideas, knowing that I'm impacting the people and businesses I work with in a positive way.